This Privacy and Cookie Statement was last updated on the 1th of February 2022.
This is the Privacy and Cookie Statement for the www.peek.app website and Peek application (‘app’) of Peek V.O.F. (referred to below as ‘Peek’, ‘we’ or ‘us’). Peek has its registered office at Printerweg 10 in Amersfoort, the Netherlands. More detailed company and contact information is available at the bottom of this Privacy and Cookie Statement.
If you use our website and/or app, we (and third parties engaged by us) may process privacy-sensitive data of yours, which may include personal data. Peek attaches great importance to processing your personal data in a careful and secure manner. This Privacy and Cookie Statement is intended to explain to you what personal data are collected, for which purposes this data are used and how we treat them.
During the processing of personal data Peek VOF works conform the requirements of the applicable data protection legislation, like the General Data Protection Regulation. This means we:
- clearly specify our purposes before we process personal data, by using this privacy statement;
- limit our collection of personal data to only the personal data needed for legitimate purposes;
- first ask for explicit permission to process your personal data in cases where your permission is required;
- take appropriate security measures to protect your personal data and we demand the same from parties who process personal data on our behalf;
- respect your right to access, correct or delete your personal data held by us.
Peek advises you to read this Privacy and Cookie Statement carefully. Please note that this Privacy and Cookie Statement can be regularly amended, for instance if new functionalities are added to the website and/or app.
If you have any questions regarding the processing of personal data, you can find the contactdetails of Peek VOF at the end of this Privacy and Cookie Statement.
Processing of your personal data
When you use our website and/or app, we obtain various personal data from you. We specify for each purpose what data we obtain from you, for what purpose we process these data and for how long they are stored. If you have any questions or would like to know exactly what we store about you, please contact us. Our contact information is provided at the bottom of this Privacy and Cookie Statement.
Request a demo
You can directly request a demo of our products and/or services via the website. Peek will then immediately send you a code for the Peek App. Peek requires certain personal data to contact you and prepare a suitable proposal for a demo. You are therefore requested to provide your name, organization name, e-mail and intended excursion place.We need this information in order to be able to handle your request for a demo properly and to execute the agreement with you to this end. The personal data provided by you can be stored by Peek for a period of 1 year. If we do not manage to contact you, or if you decide that you no longer need the demo, your personal data will be removed after this period. It may sometimes be necessary to store your personal data for a longer period, for instance to maintain contact with you about providing the demo and any follow-up, if applicable. In that case, your personal data will be stored by us for as long as is reasonably necessary.
We will not remove the name of your organization, if this qualifies as personal data, as stated by you after 1 year. We will retain this data to enable us to see with which organizations we have already been in contact with in the past. We do this on the basis of our legitimate interest, as this information can help us improve our services to you. If you do not want us to obtain the name of your organization, then you can omit it in the demo request form.
Certain features of our service require you to register beforehand. You will have to provide some information about yourself and choose a username and password for the account that we will set up for you.
For this purpose, we use your name and address details and email address. We do this on the basis of the performance of our contract We store this information up to 1 year after the end of the contract. We will retain this data so that you do not have to re-enter it every time you visit our website, and in order to contact you in connection with the execution of the agreement, invoicing and payment, and to provide an overview of the products and services you have purchased from us.
Access to portal
Within our portal My Peek, you can access a management environment where you can set, specify and change settings. We will keep track of your activities for proof. For this purpose, we use your name, address details and e-mail address. We do this on the basis of your consent. We store this information until our services to you have ended.
If you have any questions or comments about our products and services, you can call us, send us an e-mail, use our contact form or use the chat function on our website.
For this purpose, we use your name and address details, phone number, email address and message you wish to send to us. We need this data because of our agreement with you. We store this information until 1 year.
If you use the chat function, the personal data that you provide in the chat will be processed by us. Our staff may request you to provide additional data if that is necessary to be able to handle your question.
Peek sends out commercial messages. This could be a digital newsletter, but also push notifications. You can subscribe to our commercial messages via the website and application. We only send out commercial messages with your consent. The messages contain promotions, tips and information about our services.
We process the following personal data for this purpose:
- Email address
Your personal data is stored until you unsubscribe from the commercial messages. You can unsubscribe from these messages at any time. There is an unsubscribe link in every newsletter, but you can also change the settings in your account.
We may collect your location data (GPS) for a value-added service if the processing is necessary for that purpose. If that is the case, you will be asked to grant consent beforehand. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time by sending us an e-mail.
This location data and other data can also be stored and processed by the provider of the navigation/mapping software, such as Google Maps, but the data could also be used by, for example, Google or Apple itself. We have no control over their actions. We recommend that you read the applicable privacy statement of the provider in question.
When can we share your personal data with third parties?
Peek will only share your information with third parties to the extent permitted by current legislation. We may disclose your personal data to third parties when:
- We have contracted them to process certain data;
- It is necessary to fulfil the contract with you;
- You consent to it;
- We have a legitimate interest in doing so;
- We are legally obliged to do so (e.g. if the police demand it in case of a suspicion of a crime).
Social media buttons
We use social media buttons on our website that redirect you to the relevant social media platforms. This gives you the option to follow us and share content. You will also see advertisements on your social media page. The buttons operate through bits of code provided by the social media networks. If you want to know what the social media platforms do with your personal data, please read the relevant privacy statement.
Our website uses first-party and third-party cookies. Cookies are small data files that can be automatically stored on or read from the visitors device (such as PC, tablet or smartphone) when visiting a website. This is done via the web browser on the device.
These cookies collect the following data from you:
- IP address
- Cookie ID
- Website and click behaviour
- Referrer URL
Types of cookies
The following types of cookies may be placed on your device when you visit our website:
- Functional cookies. These cookies are used to ensure that certain parts of the website operate properly and to store the preferences stated by you. For instance, if you select a specific language on our website, that preference will be stored in a cookie by Peek so that you do not have to re-state the same preference when you visit the site again later;
- Analytical cookies. These cookies are used to track how you use our website. By means of these cookies, Peek can see, for instance, which pages or subpages you visit and for how long you visit our website. Peek then uses these insights to make the website even better and more user-friendly;
- Marketing cookies. These cookies are used to map which websites you visit and how you use them. This information makes it possible to show you targeted adverts for products and services in which you may be interested. We do not display any adverts on our website, but you may encounter Peek adverts when you visit other websites.Cookies placed
- The list of cookies we use is shown in the overview below:
|Type||Name||Provider / Entity||Purpose||Retention period|
|Functional||CONSENT||Youtube.com (United States)||Used to detect if the visitor has accepted the marketing category in the cookie banner. This cookie is necessary for GDPR-compliance of the website.||2 years|
|Functional||Language||Slideshare.net (United States)||Saves the user’s preferred language on the website||Session|
|Analytical||_ga||Google Analytics Google LLC (United States)||Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website.||2 years|
|Analytical||_gat||Google Analytics Google LLC (United States)||Used by Google Analytics to throttle request rate||24 hours|
|Analytical||_gid||Google Analytics (United States(||Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website.||24 hours|
|Analytical||Slideshare.experiments||Slideshare.net (United States)||Used by Slideshare to determine if the visitor is participating in a design experiment.||persistent|
|Marketing||VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE||Youtube.com||Tries to estimate the user’s bandwith on apges with integrated YouTube videos||179 days|
|Marketing||YSC||Youtube.com||Registers a unique ID to keep statistics of what videos form YouTube the user has seen||Session|
|Marketing||Yt-remote-cast-available||Youtube.com||Stores the user’s video player preferences using embedded YouTube videos||Session|
|Marketing||Yt-remote-cast-installed||Youtube.com||Stores the user’s video player preferences using embedded YouTube video.||Session|
|Marketing||Yt-remote-connected-devices||Youtube.com||Stores the user’s video player preferences using embedded YouTube video.||Persistent|
|Marketing||Yt-remote-device-id||Youtube.com||Stores the user’s video player preferences using embedded YouTube video.||Persistent|
|Marketing||Yt-remote-fast-check-period||YouTube.com||Stores the user’s video player preferences using embedded YouTube video.||Session|
|Marketing||Yt-remote-session-app||Youtube.com||Stores the user’s video player preferences using embedded YouTube video.||Session|
|Marketing||Yt-remote-session-name||Youtube.com||Stores the user’s video player preferences using embedded YouTube video.||Session|
Enabling and disabling cookies
You can set your web browser to only accept cookies with your consent. Consult your browser guide for more information. Please note that many websites will not function optimally when cookies are disabled.
Removal of cookies
Most cookies have an expiry date. When an expiry date is set, the cookie is automatically deleted once the data passes. You can also choose to delete the cookies manually before the expiry date. Please consult your browser guide for more information.
We use Google Analytics to track visitors on our website and to get reports about how visitors use the website. We accepted the data processing agreement from Google. We don’t allow Google to use information obtained by Analytics for other Google services, and we don’t anonymize the IP-adresses.
We take security measures to reduce misuse of and unauthorized access to personal data. We take the following measures in particular:
- Access to personal data requires the use of a user name and password
- After receipt, the data will be stored in a separate system
- We take physical measures to protect access to the systems in which the personal data is stored
- We make use of secure connections (Secure Sockets Layer of SSL) to encrypt all information between you and our website when entering your personal data
Changes to this Privacy and Cookie Statement
When there is a change in our services, we will also need to change our Privacy and Cookie Statement. Please consult this Privacy and Cookie Statement regularly for the most up-to-date information.
Inspection and modification of your data
You have the following rights:
- Right of access: you have the right to see what kind of personal data we processed about you;
- Right of rectification: you have the right to rectify any personal data we have processed about you, if this information is (partially) wrong;
- Right to complain: you have the right to file a complaint against the processing of your personal data by us, or against direct marketing;
- Right to be forgotten: you can file a request with us to remove any personal data we have processed of you;
- Right to data portability: if technically possible, you have the right to ask us to transfer your processed personal data to a third party;
- Right to restriction of processing: you can file a request with us to (temporarily) restrict the processing of your personal data.
If you exercise any of the rights mentioned above, we might ask to identify yourself with a valid ID, to confirm it is your personal data. If so, it is important that you hide your social security number and photo.
We will usually respond to your request within one month. This term can be extended if the request is proven to be complex or tied to a specific right. You will be notified about a possible extension of this term.
Filing a complaint
If you want to file a complaint about our use of personal data, please send an e-mail with the details of your complaint to email@example.com. We will look into and respond to any complaint we receive.
If you think that we are not helping you in the right way, you have the right to file a complaint at the authority. For The Netherlands, this is the Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens.